Saturday, September 13, 2008

A surprisingly productive Saturday!

We didn't really have plans for this weekend (except for the great concert we went to last night!) so I decided to break out the sewing machine and finally get rid of the sheet covering the office window. JoAnns was having a good sale so I picked out red home decor fabric and some other goodies for future projects and set out to make this curtain. After an emergency stop at another JoAnns before church for bias tape (still not really sure what that is) and a lot of sewing, I finally have a curtain!




It has two rows of buttons to open 1/4 and 1/2 the window - perfect for the office because I'm usually only working in there at night! I don't absolutely love the bottom fabric, but I do love the stripe and they worked together they best out of everything I could find.

Due to an overabundance of milk (thanks Jenny!) we also decided to make ice cream tonight. I wanted to try something other than vanilla, so we made cinnamon in hopes of it tasting like maggie moo's. It was pretty yummy right out of the ice cream maker, but too soupy for me so I'm looking forward to having some tomorrow. Maybe for breakfast with some delicious waffles? Yum!











On the agenda for tomorrow: some stocking stuffers I've been wanting to make, and starting a hand sewing project to work on while we watch tv to keep me off this darn computer!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Sessie you are soooooooo clever. The curtain looks great. Pillows next???????

Hugs M

Deborah said...

Sessie you are soooooooo clever. The curtain looks great. Pillows next???????

Hugs M

Jenny Rowan said...

Love the Curtains too :) And the fabric totally works together. Glad you made some good use of the milk.