Sunday, June 15, 2008

Domestic Diva-ness

So I've been determined to put my free time over summer vacation to good use, because I will probably never have this much free time again! Since I have one of Mom's sewing machines living at my house, I decided to get it out and figure out how to use. IN particular, I've been wanting to make some baby related crafts to give as presents to all my pregnant friends. Brenda is due in August with a little girl, and I wanted to make some cute stuff for her so she wouldn't get stuck with all Max's leftovers. I made a wipes case to hold a small thing of wipes and a couple of disposable diapers, and then some matching burp clothes. I think they came out really cute, and by the end I was finally able to sew a pretty straight seam! That is in itself is definitely an accomplishment! I have at least two more babies on the way that I want to make fun stuff for, plus some curtains and pillows to make for the house, so this hobby should at least keep me occupied though the summer!

No comments: